The best part of FaceTime is that it is entirely free to use. Although FaceTime calls utilize WiFi or mobile network, they’re free. This indicates that if you FaceTime somebody on their iPhone when they’re out of the house and not linked to WiFi, they won’t be charged for the call. All you need is a data connection for the period of the conversation.
You aren’t confined to seeing your family and friends via your iPhone by using FaceTime. If you own a Mac, you can also accept and make FaceTime meetings on a larger screen!
Starting a FaceTime call is straightforward, but if you’d like to learn further about accepting FaceTime calls and inviting several individuals to a call, keep reading this informative article.
- What do you need to make FaceTime calls on Mac?
- How to Install and set up FaceTime on a Mac?
- How to start making a FaceTime call on a Mac:
- How to accept a FaceTime call:
- What is meant by FaceTime for Groups?
- How do you block unsolicited FaceTime calls?
- How can I turn off FaceTime on my Mac?
- How to Change FaceTime Ringtones?
- How to Remove Recent Calls?
What do you need to make FaceTime calls on Mac?
If you want to place or accept FaceTime calls on your Mac devices, Apple needs a few procedures before you may talk with your family members from your computer.
First and foremost, when you install FaceTime on your system, you must ensure that you’ve OS X 10.9 or newer version of Mac. The person you’re attempting to contact must have OS X 10.9.2 installed on their system or perhaps an iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 or newer.
After ensuring that you have the necessary devices for a FaceTime chat, you aren’t prepared to make the conversation on your Mac. Here are a few of the remaining necessities:
- Log in to FaceTime with your Apple ID. If you don’t own an account, you can create one freely.
- Check to see if your Mac includes a built-in mic and camera.
- A fast broadband connection with uploading and downloading speed of at least 128 kbps is required.
If you meet all of these prerequisites, you’re ready to start a FaceTime call. Your FaceTime call will then be received by the next person if he/she has the relevant upgrades on their gadget.
How to Install and set up FaceTime on a Mac?
Because the FaceTime program is already downloaded on your Mac which makes the setup process is simple:
1. Select the FaceTime symbol in the navigation bar to launch the app, or press the Windows logo and type FaceTime.
2. If FaceTime isn’t yet enabled, click Switch On.
3. Next, put in your Apple ID username and password to log into the FaceTime app.
4. Just go to FaceTime > Preferences to define when and by who you can often be accessed FaceTime. You’ll be able to specify whether you would like all email addresses associated with your Apple ID to be utilized for FaceTime.
5. Disable any email accounts you may not want FaceTime to utilize to contact you.
To add an email account to the menu:
- Go to the device preferences.
- Open Apple ID
- Nod add a name, phone, and email.
- Now go onto the reachable at and click on the “+” icon.
- The changes will be displayed in your FaceTime options immediately.
How to start making a FaceTime call on a Mac:
- From your Mac, launch FaceTime.
- If you haven’t already, register on FaceTime.
- You can find someone by putting their name into the search box. FaceTime will then scan your Contacts list.
- You can also enter a mobile number or email account connected with someone’s Apple ID in the search box. That email account then will appear underneath the search box, with the choice to call them via video or voice.
- If a person isn’t logged into FaceTime with their Apple account and password, you can’t call them. You must also ensure that the phone number or email account you’re using is associated with your FaceTime profile.
- When you’re ready to begin the FaceTime call, press the video camera icon.
- If you only wish to place an audio conversation and not a video call, hit the I and select the phone icon.
How to accept a FaceTime call:
- Whenever the person calls you, an alert will be displayed on your screen.
- It should offer you a hint as to who is contacting you.
- If you wish to talk to them, select Accept.
- When you’re ready to end your call, click the Red phone symbol.
What is meant by FaceTime for Groups?
Group FaceTime is for meeting a large group of people, whether for a family event planning or a business conference. The FaceTime software supports up to 32 users in a single current video call.
To start a Group FaceTime conference on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the FaceTime app and enter the contact information (username, mobile number, or email account) for each person you would like to Group FaceTime, split with commas. Alternatively, you can pick each one separately from Contacts.
- To start the Group FaceTime video conference, press the green video icon.
- To add extra people to a current Group FaceTime session, open the sidebar by clicking in the left corner of the window, after which Add People to insert their details, and afterward add to join them.
- The videos of participants who participate in a group Call directly from a computer will show in a specified format. When someone speaks, their tile becomes illuminated.
How do you block unsolicited FaceTime calls?
If you want, you can immediately ban any contact on FaceTime at any time:
- Launch FaceTime
- Log in using your Apple ID.
- Look for a specific contact you wish to block, then right-click on their phone and Select Block this person.
How can I turn off FaceTime on my Mac?
If you don’t longer want to accept these video conferences, you can disable FaceTime.
- Open the menu and select the preferences option
- Then click on the sign-out option.
This action will sign out your Apple ID and you won’t be able to make or receive any calls on FaceTime.
How to Change FaceTime Ringtones?
You are not forced to use the preset ringtone. You can alter the ringtone.
- In FaceTime, navigate to Preferences.
- Select Settings.
- To access the Ringtone display menu, select the box next to Ringtone.
- Choose a different Ringtone
A customized ringtone can also be assigned to a specific caller. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Contacts (hold down Ctrl + Space and begin connecting Contacts).
- Locate the individual to whom you wish to set a ringtone.
- Select Edit.
How to Remove Recent Calls?
You can erase your call history if you don’t want anyone to check who you’ve done FaceTiming with. To remove the latest calls record, follow these steps:
- Launch FaceTime.
- You can delete an individual conversation by doing right-clicking on it and selecting Delete from Recents, or you can delete all call logs by pressing the Delete all Recents option down the list.
To summarise, FaceTime may be a useful tool for everyday interactions with family and friends. I hope this informative guide will help you to get to know every sneak peek of how to use FaceTime on your Mac. I’m curious to know what you think about it. So let us know what are your thoughts regarding this informative guide in the comment section below.
Further Reading on HABytes: Check out How to Block Robocalls? / How to Make a Call on Discord? / How to make voice and video calls Via WhatsApp Desktop.
This article was originally published on Jan. 5, 2023