- Why do we face no WiFi network in Windows 11?
- What’s the purpose of a WiFi Network?
- Why do we need a WiFi network?
- Tips to resolve no WiFi network in windows 11:
- Wrapping up!
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why do we face no WiFi network in Windows 11?
In this internet revolution era, nobody can work without the Internet as it schedules all your tasks. But, sometimes, your Windows 11 computer or laptop may show no WiFi network problem due to various reasons such as corrupt WiFi drivers, hardware issues, and even Windows OS problems can be the cause of this issue. However, netizens nowadays can’t wait much longer for a proper internet connection.
Moreover, a question mark on your computer or laptop WiFi icon in the taskbar will ruin all your scheduled tasks within a minute. Thus, no WiFi network is a buzzing issue and must be fixed as soon as possible. Don’t worry; for your convenience, I’ve summed up some pretty more accessible tips to resolve and re-establish your WiFi network on Windows 11. So, are you eager to know how to fix the WiFi network in Windows 11, then let’s continue to read this article:
What’s the purpose of a WiFi Network?
A WiFi network uses radio frequency signals instead of a wired connection to connect your computers, printers, and smartphones to the Internet and with each other. WiFi signals are provided by a router or modem and picked up via any wireless-enabled device like a laptop or tablet. These devices placed at a specific distance catch wireless signals in all directions. By considering the speed, distance, bandwidth, antennas, model, and other features of your WiFi router or modem, you can quickly improve the strength of your WiFi network and its performance.
Why do we need a WiFi network?
A wireless network offers the following benefits:
- It allows you to freely access the Internet from anywhere in your home within the signal range of your router.
- It offers the fastest internet speed while you’re around your home without losing your internet connection.
- Allow you to easily access other devices that are connected to your network, such as you can use a printer without a wired connection.
- Allow you to wirelessly access the devices such as smartphones or tablets for downloading books, music, movies, apps, or surfing the web.
- No need to install a wired connection in different rooms as a WiFi network will deliver optimum speed throughout your home.
Tips to resolve no WiFi network in windows 11:
Reboot your computer or laptop
The essential tip to resolve no WiFi network issue is to restart your computer or laptop, which has proven very effective. Reboot your device and wait to load the System so that the issue will be resolved. If the network problem isn’t resolved even after restarting the PC, shut it down and take a break for system loading. Now restart your computer or laptop and check your internet connection.
Perform Internet Connection Troubleshooter
Windows 11 has built-in troubleshooters for fixing common issues with your device within a minute. In addition, Windows 11 also offers an Internet Connection troubleshooter that scans your computer for common problems and resolves them automatically. For running the internet connection troubleshooter:
- First press Win + I, which will open settings.
- Now open the System tab in another pane.
- In the system tab, scroll down and search for Troubleshoot option. You’ll get a variety of troubleshooting options.
- Click on the run besides Internet Connections. Windows will launch a troubleshoot panel.
- Now click on troubleshoot internet connection. The troubleshooter will start to scan your System for issues and recommend some fixes. Apply those fixes and check your WiFi connection.
Run Network adapter troubleshooter
Run the network adapter troubleshooter if the WiFi is still not showing up on your Window 1. For doing this, perform the following steps:
- Press Win + I, which will open Settings.
- Now open the System tab and go into the Troubleshoot. Then search for other Troubleshooters.
- You’ll see various options in other troubleshooters, then click on the run button for Network Adapter that will restore your WiFi connectivity.
Enable WiFi Adapter option
Sometimes Windows 11 won’t display the WiFi option if the WiFi adapter option isn’t enabled. Open the network connections in the control panel and right-click on the WiFi option to enable or disable the network devices manually. However, if the WiFi option is already enabled, click on the diagnose option to troubleshoot the driver. When you click on that option, Windows will scan for issues and recommend fixing the problem. Click on Apply to fix the issues and follow on-screen instructions for applying additional recommendations.
Update or Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
Sometimes, the latest network drivers aren’t updated on your Windows 11, so your WiFi isn’t showing up. Moreover, corrupted or glitchy network adapter drivers may also cause the WiFi to malfunction. By updating the driver or by reinstalling it, you can resolve no WiFi network issue in Windows 11. For updating or reinstalling the network adapter driver, follow these steps:
- First, press the Windows icon + R.
- A command box will be opened. Now search for the device manager in the command box and click OK.
- Search Network Adapters option in device manager
- Now double-click on network adapters to open more options.
- Then update the Qualcomm Atheros option by right-clicking on it. After the update, restart your computer and reconnect the ethernet cable to your router.
- If the issue is still not resolved after updating this driver, then select the Uninstall option by right-clicking on your WiFi driver.
- After uninstalling it, reboot your laptop or computer.
- Now switch on the System; the default version of this driver is already installed, which may resolve your no WiFi issue in Windows 11. Hopefully, your no WiFi issue will be resolved.
Install Windows update
Sometimes when you’re in the middle of your important work Windows 11 may render no WiFi issue that might be annoying for you. To resolve this issue, check for your Windows 11 updates and install them. To install Windows update on your laptop or PC, follow these guidelines:
- First click on the Start icon
- Now type updates in the search bar and press enter on it.
- Now click on the check for updates option to show recommended updates.
- Click on the things to be updated and after the update is completed, restart your device.
- Once you switch on your PC or laptop, the updates will be installed, and your WiFi connectivity issue might be fixed.
Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall might become overprotective for Windows 11 and sometimes block some features such as WiFi or useful pirated sites. Therefore, disabling the Windows Firewall temporarily may resolve the WiFi connectivity issue in Windows 11. For disabling Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows icon + X together.
- A list of options will appear, and select the Run option from this list.
- From the command box, type control firewall.cpl and click OK.
- A page will open. Now select Windows defender in it that allows you to turn on or off the Windows Defender Firewall.
- After making changes, hit on the OK to save the changes. Hopefully, your no WiFi issue will be resolved.
WLAN AutoConfig service
WLAN AutoConfig service is a feature that sets up wireless network settings. When you enable this option, it is applied to your PC or laptop’s installed IEEE802.11, a wireless network adapter. Another benefit of enabling this feature is that it will automatically connect the Windows to the preferred network; when the Internet is available. So, if your WiFi connection isn’t showing up, enable the WLAN AutoConfig service. For doing so, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows icon and type services.MSc in the search bar and hit enter.
- When the Services window appears, search the list and find WLAN AutoConfig.
- Right-click on this option and select its Properties.
- Select Automatic in the Startup type. If the service isn’t in a running situation, then click on the start button.
- Click on Apply and restart the computer. After restarting, reconnect your WiFi network.
Service Set Identifier broadcast makes the wireless network more discoverable for its dedicated adapter. If SSID is disabled for some reason, your WiFi network won’t appear in the list. Some of you may disable this SSID broadcast feature for some security concerns so that others can’t find and connect to their network using a VPN. If you’ve disabled this option, your WiFi connection won’t show up in the list, or the System fails to connect it. To enable the SSID broadcast for resolving your WiFi network issue, follow the below guidelines:
- Note down your wireless router IP address, username, and password.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the Internet directly
- Open your browser and type the router’s IP address in the address bar. Now press enters to proceed.
- When a dialogue appears and asks to provide the username and password, enter the information and click to log in.
- A page will open. Now on the left side of that page, select Wireless and go into its Settings.
- Now mark check on the Enable SSID broadcast and save the settings.
- Now restart the Windows and once it is restarted, reconnect to this network. Hopefully, your no WiFi issue will be resolved.
Reboot your Router
Another essential step to fixing the WiFi connectivity issue on your laptop or PC is to reboot the router. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press the power button to switch off the router
- Now unplug the router’s socket for some seconds or a minute.
- Now again, plug the socket and switch on the router.
- Now connect your device to the WiFi network and check if the network issue is resolved or not.
So, these nifty tricks will let you fix the network issue if the WiFi option isn’t showing up on your Windows 11 device. These tricks will be the best solution for most new techies that feel difficulty while enabling the WiFi adapter or updating the driver. However, if any of these tricks don’t work, you can also try other methods. Also, we’ll update this article if we come across more valuable and authentic ways to resolve this issue. Moreover, in the comments section below, you can freely ask us if you still face issues regarding resolving the no WiFi network.