- Benefits of the Truecaller app
- Why is Truecaller enabled differently on an iPhone?
- Steps to enable Truecaller on your iPhone:
- How to manually check the number on the Truecaller app?
- How to remove/deactivate your Truecaller ID?
- Wrap Up!
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
IT technologists have developed the Truecaller app that’s becoming popular worldwide. It helps you know about the name of a sim holder and other related information. The first thing you know about this Truecaller app is it’s working.
When you download this app from the Google play store and log into it, it asks for permission to access your contacts list. When you grant permission to access the contact list, the Truecaller can see all your contacts and save information on its server. When you search for a number in Truecaller or receive a call from an unknown number, True caller searches its information from its server and displays it on the screen later.
Benefits of the Truecaller app
Truecaller app offers a variety of security features for your iPhone, such as:
- The key benefit of this app is that it helps you to detect and manage spam calls and messages.
- It allows you to find every one’s number much more quickly.
- It will help you to know about robocalls.
- Even when someone tries to call you from a secret number, Truecaller exposes their information.
Why is Truecaller enabled differently on an iPhone?
As you know, Caller ID works differently on an iPhone rather than on an Android device. The reason is that an Android Truecaller incorporates with the Phone’s default, but on iPhone, the caller ID is controlled via the stock Phone app and not by the Truecaller. So, you’ve to take an extra step to enable Truecaller on your iPhone so that it can effectively block spam calls or messages on your Phone.
Steps to enable Truecaller on your iPhone:
This brief tutorial will show how to enable Truecaller on your iPhone. I’ll also tell you how to identify unknown numbers, calls, or messages using the Truecaller app.
Download the Truecaller app
This essential step is just for Android phones. Open the official App Store on your iPhone, and then download the Truecaller app on your Phone. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it, and then enter your phone number to verify it via the OTP it sends on your Phone. After your phone number is successfully verified, enter your name and email address for creating your profile on Truecaller.
Enable spam protection on Truecaller
In this setup, I’ll tell you how to enable spam protection which will warn you about automated computerized calls and other spam calls. These settings will provide ultimate protection to your iPhone against spam calls. For enabling spam protection:
- First, tap on the setting icon on your iPhone.
- Now select the phone option.
- Then tap on the call Blocking and Identification option.
- You’ll see four options here; Truecaller part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4. Enable all these spam protection options on your Truecaller app.
After enabling all these options, the Truecaller app will automatically monitor all incoming calls, whether they’re spam or not.
Allow the Truecaller app to access contacts
Now after turning on the spam protection, allow the Truecaller app to access your contacts list. By tapping on allowing access/permission to the contacts from the popup, the Truecaller will store each contact’s information on its server. You can also allow the app to send notifications about spam calls or messages on the same screen.
Enabling SMS filtering option on Truecaller
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and tap on the Messages option.
- Scroll down and select the unknown and spam option.
- Also, enable the Filter Unknown Senders option in settings.
- In last, select the Truecaller option rather than any other services.
How to manually check the number on the Truecaller app?
It’s pretty simple to check number details manually via the Truecalller app. You need to copy the phone number and paste it into the Truecaller app that will instantly identify the number and share its details.
How to remove/deactivate your Truecaller ID?
Most people might not find this helpful app, so here is the simple process to deactivate your Truecaller account:
- Open the Truecaller app, and select the now tap on the privacy center option.
- Now select the delete my data option and tap on Deactivate Account option.
- Now, open the Truecaller’s official ID unlisting page. Enter your Truecaller’s registered number along with your country code.
- Tap on the Unlist blue icon, and within 24 hours, Truecaller will deactivate your ID and remove your phone number, names, and other details from its server. After deactivating your account, you can no longer use this Truecaller app without creating a new account.
After reading this informative article, I hope you’ve got information on enabling Truecaller on your iPhone. You can conveniently enable Truecaller on your iPhone by following these easy steps. After using this Truecaller app, you can have a better experience on your iPhone. Moreover, this app will offer more features than you expect, from recording calls to getting call alerts and much more!
But if you still face some trouble with this app or have any other queries, let us know in the comment section below.