As the coronavirus begins, people started to work from home and use online conferencing software to communicate with each other. Microsoft Teams proved itself to be the leading and most popular meeting software by offering new features than other software. It allows users to work remotely and continue their business projects from home.
But after working for a long time on Microsoft Teams, you may experience eye strain problems. Because the blue rays emitted from the devices reach directly to your eyes and may cause distress or fatigue. So, to keep your eyes relaxed, Microsoft Teams offer dark mode theme just like software; YouTube, Google Chrome, etc. If you spend most of your time on Microsoft Teams, then this article is for you. As in this informative guide, we’re going to tell you how to enable dark mode in Microsoft Teams whether you’re using a laptop, PC, iPhone, iPad, or Android.
Benefits of using dark mode:
This dark mode theme on Microsoft Teams is specially designed for those people who spend the most time on mobiles, laptops, or other devices. It’s not just a theme, yet dark mode offers many benefits such as:
- It saves your device battery by reducing the light coming out of it.
- As it’s a black theme so the blue light emitted due to the white theme will no longer be emitted.
- This theme will let you work for a longer time without causing stress to your eyes.
- The dark mode is the best way to keep your eyes away from stress and fatigue.
- Dark mode makes white things more visible on the screen.
Dark mode activation in Microsoft Teams: Windows/PC/macOS
To activate dark mode on the Microsoft Teams in Windows/PC/macOS, follow these steps:
1) First, open the Microsoft Teams application.
2) Go on your profile icon at the top right, you’ll see three dots (…) beside your profile icon. Click on that 3 dots.
3) A menu will open click on the top most option which is “Settings”.
4) Now click on the “General tab” option for enabling dark mode. But if you’re using Windows 11 then click on the “Appearance and Accessibility option”.
5) When you click the general option, you’ll see a Theme tab. In this tab you’ll have 3 options; default, dark, or high contrast. Select the dark option.
6) After selecting the dark theme, Microsoft Teams will save your settings. Now you can enjoy the Microsoft Teams theme in dark theme.
Note: Microsoft Teams also offer a high-contrast theme that helps vision impairment users. You can also try this theme because it is dark too.
Dark mode activation in Microsoft Teams: Android/iOS
To activate dark mode on Microsoft Teams on Android or iOS, follow these steps:
1) Open the Microsoft Teams application (purple and violent logo) on your Android or iOS.
2) On the top left corner of your mobile screen, you’ll see your profile icon. Tap on the profile icon and it will bring up a list of different options. On some phones, you may have to click on the (≡) icon for opening the list.
3) In the list, you’ll see the “Settings” option on the fourth number. Click on these Settings.
4) When you click on the Setting option a pop-up menu will appear. Now select the Appearance option from the top of the list.
5) Another pop-up menu will appear in which you’ve to select the “Dark theme”.
6) After selecting the Dark theme another pop-up box will appear that asks you to either restart or close the app. If you’re an Android user, a pop-up will show the “Restart” option. However, in the case of iOS, it’ll show the “Close app” option.
After restarting the app, your setting will be saved and Microsoft Teams will change to the dark theme. This theme works normally just like light mode. If you want to change the theme again, go back to settings and change it to “Light” or “Default”.
That’s it! After enabling dark mode on Microsoft Teams, all UI elements of this app will appear in a dark color scheme. This dark theme will help to reduce your eye strain and keep your eyes safe from blue rays. Moreover, if you want to revert the theme, simply go back to the setting and the theme back to Default or Light.
This informative guide will help you to easily switch themes in your Microsoft Teams account on the mobile, desktop, or web app. Follow our website for more tips, tricks, tutorials, and informative articles. Visit HA Bytes regularly for checking our daily posts and updates.