- Very quite while extreme use
- Play your favorite games with better graphics
- 10% faster performance than the RX 6600 XT
- PCIe 8x limitation
The AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT is a card that has been priced way too low, but provides only mediocre performance. If you can’t find an RTX 3060 or superior graphic chip for your computer then this could be just what’s needed.
Being a professional gamer, you might invest countless hours and days searching for the most recent advancement in GPU technology.
Moreover, many frequently upgrade their GPUs by purchasing updated graphics cards with extraordinary specs and affordable prices. But when you go to the market, you may get confused due to the saturation of graphics card companies. Moreover, at the time, it might be difficult for you to select the all-rounder graphics card that elevates your gaming experience by offering you mesmerizing visuals.
No need to worry; this AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT review will let you know about the best gaming graphics card and its comparison with other high-ending competitors.
Let’s go through this informative review to explore more about this graphics card’s test Systemspecs, architecture, performance, and much more.
What’s the release date and Cost of RX 6650 XT?
As soon as the AMD RX 6950 XT and 6750 XT graphics cards started attracting the customers of the GPU market, this company announced its new version named Radeon RX 6650 XT, which was introduced in the market on 10th May 2022. In this AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT review, you’ll see a clear difference between this cost-effective card’s price and other cards with low-grade specs.
AMD confirmed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the Radeon RX 6650 XT to be $399, which equals £391 and AU$585. This budget-friendly price makes this product highly recommended for those gamers who want to enjoy a 1080p graphics view at a low budget.
Where can you buy this Card?
The RX 6650 XT isn’t sold directly by AMD. Several third-party merchants have this product stock, though it is rarely available in the US.
In the UK:
- Overclockers of UK offer £389.99
- CCL offers £429.99
- Ebuyer offers £469.98 on pre-orders (restricted to the UK)
- Scan offers £479.99
- Moreover, Box, Amazon, and Currys E-commerce sellers also sell AMD graphics cards, so you’ll see an abundance of the RX 6650 XT in the UK.
In the US:
- In the US, the 6650 XT is only sold by one retailer; Newegg offers $400 for this product
- However, Best Buy, Amazon, and other E-commerce websites are expected to have AMD’s products in stock shortly.
Cutting-edge specs of this product
Below are some captivating specifications of this AMD card:
- It offers a 1080p vivid gaming performance.
- It has Navi 23 architectural design.
- It comes with TSMC N7 processor technology.
- It is integrated with 11.1 transistors, equal to a billion.
- It has a die size of 237 mm2 and a processor size of 7nm.
- It also offers 32 streaming multiprocessors/CUs having 2048 GPU cores.
- It offers 32-ray acceleration cores.
- It also offers a 2635MHz boost clocking, a 2055MHz base clock, a 2410MHz GPU clock, and a 2190 MHz memory clock.
- The VRAM of this graphics card offers 8GB/s memory size, 18GB/s speed, 280.3 GB/s memory bandwidth Speed, and a 128-bit memory bus.
- It also includes 64 “render output units” and Ops and 128 “texture mapping units“.
- It is also integrated with a 1 x 8-pin power connector.
The impressive architecture of AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
Now, let’s talk about the design of this product which is a simple aesthetic, and because of this slim fit design, it can fit into your previous CPU.
- Metal Back Plate: The huge metal plate at the back of this card helps to protect the PCB from any damage.
- Dual-Fan cooler technology: Moreover, the two large 100mm alternating fans on the front plate of this card help to release excess heat from the processor and keep it cool so it can work well. Hence the front-to-back design of these noiseless fans works well to keep things cool.
- Power Consumption: However, this card requires much more power consumption, but it’s moderate compared to other graphics cards.
- Dual BIOS mode: At the back of this card, you’ll see a switch that helps you to change the card’s mode, performance, or quiet mode according to your need, and you need an 8-pin connector to supply its power.
- Logo: The RGB display logo at the back of the card provides sufficient customization, and it has enough ports to connect up to four screens.
Comparison of specs with RTX 3060 Ti and X 6600XT’s
In comparison with GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, the latter offers 38 streaming multiprocessors and 4,864 CUDA cores. However, it isn’t very easy to compare AMD’s streaming processor performance with Nvidia’s CUDA cores because they’re almost alike.
However, when we evaluate the comparison results, the RTX 3060 Ti offers about 20% more streaming multiprocessors for integer and floating-point calculations, and it also performs well in every application.
In addition, when the chipset of this card is compared with other cards, it competes by offering budget-friendly features; Navi23 GPU, 32 SMs, 2,048 stream processors, and 32 ray accelerators. Still, these features are the same as the RX 6600 XT GPUs, but the clock frequency of the RX 6650 XT is a bit higher.
- Related: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Review
Comparing the base clock frequency and the boost clock speed is 6.2% and3.33% higher in the RX 6650 XT than the RX 6600 XT. In the case of memory, the RX 6650 XTs has a 2190MHz memory speed which is 9.5% higher than the RX 6600XT’s memory (2,000 MHz).
Offers elevated gaming experience
MSI Radeon RX 6650 XT graphic cards come with improved specs that also offer direct storage to reduce the workload on your CPU while playing games, and that’s how it offers a smooth gaming experience. The modern AMD FSR feature offers a mixture of lighting, shadows, and reflections that enhance every detail.
It brings the digital world into real life by providing higher refresh rates to the display. The new AMD Link™ 5.0 technology offers four players to play together, and you can also attach different devices easily by plugging them into its ports. If you’re using Windows 11, this AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT will offer you exceptional graphics, mind-blowing performance, and improved security features.
Creative benchmark comparison with other GPUs
We’ve also compared this graphics card on the base of the creative benchmarks with another card and explained the reason for the lower creative benchmarks. So, you’ll see in this AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT aren’t integrated with tensor cores, which are part of a graphic processing unit and helps to perform creative works such as matrix multiplications; including rendering, ray tracing, and editing images.
Without this tensor cores feature, the RX 6650 XT can’t compete even with the low-grade RTX GPU that works well for creative works and games. So, if you’re a creative person, you must look at the latest Nvidia GeForce graphics card that offers you impressive creative and gaming benchmarks.
Why does AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT fail to meet market demands?
But this cost-effective price proves to be a major con of this product because Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti and RX 6600 XT have advanced features at the same price on the market. For a graphics card to progress in the market, the price must be high to compete with the next-generation graphics cards easily. So that when the next generation (RDNA3) is launched in the market, the fall in the price of the current generation (RDNA 2) must not affect the companies’ sales.
Should you buy this or not?
If you’re looking for a cost-friendly graphics card that also offers 1080p vivid graphics at high refreshing rates, then you can choose it.
I don’t prefer it!
If you want a graphics card that works well for gaming and creative purposes, then this RX 6650 XT might be slightly overpriced for you than other cards that offer advanced features at the same price.
In this honest AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT review, we know that if a real bargain begins in the market, the actual price of RX 6650 XT will drop around $300, equating to £240 and AU$420, which will highly affect this product’s sales.
So, the manufacturer’s suggested price of this product must be closer to the RX 6600’s so to increase the worth of this card. Honestly, if you’re a graphics card lover and frequently update your GPUs with new graphics cards having advanced features and specs, then we don’t suggest you buy this product.
The data available in this AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT review is the latest, and we’ve gathered it by searching across the web to help those who don’t know about this product. Moreover, this authentic review will let you purchase the best product of all, and this product will save you from shining diamonds that are just pretended to be top-notch products, but they’re not.
- You can also check the review of AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Is the RX 6650 XT suitable for 1440p?
As long as you’re not using ray tracing, 1440p gaming should be just fine. The RX 6650 XT is an entry-level graphics card, so you may need to turn down some of the more demanding graphical settings in order to get a smooth gaming experience. But overall, it should be able to handle most games at that resolution.
Is RX 6650 XT worth it?
YES, and No, the RX 6650 XT is worth it because It is a slightly faster version of the RX 6600 XT and not worth it because does not offer enough of an improvement to justify its high price tag in the graphics card market. You would be better off spending your money on an RTX 3060 Ti that is at the same price point as 6650 XT.
Is AMD RX 5600 XT also good for gaming?
Yes, the AMD RX 5600 XT is a capable gaming graphics card. It can play 4K games with framerates around 30 frames per second, and it’s also quite good at 1080p and 1440p high presets. In most titles, this card should be able to achieve 60 frames per second at those settings.
What is meant by AMD RSR?
AMD Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) feature is designed to improve the performance of your games by up to 4x. RSR uses a combination of hardware and software to achieve this goal, and it is compatible with both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.
Is MSI gaming mode good?
MSI Game Boost is a great feature for those who want to overclock their CPU without putting in too much thought and effort. However, some people still think that overclocking manually is better because MSI Game Boost will put too much voltage on the CPU Vcore, which can potentially lead to problems.
What is AMD infinity cache?
AMD’s Infinity Cache is a new cache level for its RDNA 2 architecture that promises to increase the efficiency and performance of 4K and 1440p gaming. The term “massive bandwidth amplifier” has been used by AMD to describe Infinity Cache, which can deliver PC Gamer with up to 3.25 times the bandwidth of 256-bit 16Gbps GDDR6. This extra cache level is designed to help reduce latency and improve gaming performance on AMD’s latest GPUs.
This article was originally published on July. 18, 2022